Title 70: Non-Profit Land Organization Code – Hoopa Tribal Code
Moon Creek Corporation is a tribal non-profit land management organization, organized under tribal law and sovereign authority of the Hoopa Valley Tribe.
Moon Creek Corporation
Moon Creek Corporation Board of Directors is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that an asset is managed in a productive manner that is reflective of the interest of its owners and applicable tribal and federal laws.
- Ensuring that asset is governed by a functional process at all times, assisting with identification and the whereabouts of interest holders.
- Making sure the undivided asset is kept in a usable and meaningful state,
- Ensuring that the asset is protected;
- Directly participating in the management of the asset or, by their non-participation agrees that such non participation is deemed to be a delegation of their management responsibilities to other another asset owner who participates in the management of the asset, to mange on their behalf, whether such delegation is taken by formal or default action.
Articles of Incorporation
Moon Creek Corporation is a Public Benefit Corporation for the heirs of the Lewis
Tom Allotment. Organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes, including such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501( c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code. The purpose of the corporation is to carry out any lawful activity.